Resident Care Plan
A Care Plan is developed for each resident. Information is obtained from the Health Care Team, the resident and family to help make the transition to Shoreham Village as smooth as possible. Care Plans include information regarding personal care and dietary, social, recreation and safety issues. The Care Plan helps to ensure the resident receives consistent, individualized care.
Transitioning to Care
There are many things you can do to help both you and your loved one adjust better:
- Have patience. They will adjust to their new home eventually, but everyone is different.
- Support and encourage. Give positive feedback and praise on each accomplishment, and encourage them to look forward to something meaningful.
- Separate your feelings from theirs. Leave your thoughts and concerns at the door. The way you act and the feelings you convey may influence their adjustment.
- Stay involved and informed. Get to know the staff and other residents, and be involved in care planning.
- Consider yourself part of the team. You know details that are valuable to staff members.
- Listen. Give your family member the opportunity to voice their opinions, questions and concerns. Just having someone listen helps relieve anxiety.
- Don’t lose your sense of humour. Laughter is a great way to break the ice and alleviate stress.