Shoreham Village is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which meets monthly.
As part of its commitment to the Community, Shoreham Villages’ Board of Directors posts the minutes from its meetings:
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors – Meeting Minutes – March 24 2021
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors – Meeting Minutes – January 20 2021
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors – Meeting Minutes – November 25 2020 (Previously was Nov. 18)
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors – Meeting Minutes – September 16 2020
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors – AGM Meeting Minutes – June 17 2020
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors Meeting – May 20 2020
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors Meeting – April 7 2020
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors Meeting – January 15, 2020
- Shoreham Village Board Meeting – Minutes – November 20 2019
- Shoreham Village Board Meeting – Minutes – September 18 2019
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Board for Directors AGM Minutes – June 19, 2019
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Meeting Minutes – May 15 2019
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Meeting Minutes – March 20 2019
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Meeting Notes – Nov 21 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Minutes – September 19, 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Minutes – June 26 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Minutes – April 10 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Minutes – January 16, 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Minutes – November 21, 2017
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Minutes – September 26, 2017
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Annual General Minutes – June 27 2017
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Minutes – May 23 2017
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association – Minutes – January 10 2017
Meet Shoreham Village’s volunteer Board of Directors:
Alice Leverman – Board Chair
A resident of Chester for the past 17 years, Alice joined the Board of Directors in April, 2017.
Alice has had a long professional career in the Nova Scotia public sector serving individuals, families and communities—both as a clinical social worker, community developer and administrative leader. Following completion of a Masters of Social Work, she worked on the front lines in child welfare, mental health, hospital, education and volunteer settings before moving to various senior and executive-level roles at the local, regional and provincial level—including Regional Coordinator, Home Care, (Department Community Services); Regional Director, Continuing Care (Department of Health); Vice President -Community Health and CEO (South Shore District Health Authority) and CEO, Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association. She has a health consulting business and recently worked with the Board of Directors of Our Health Centre in Chester in support of their operational objectives.
Alice has a strong commitment to health and wellness. Her interests include yoga, running, hiking, golf, camping and biking—and spending time with her family-including nine grandchildren.
Patsy Brown – Vice-Chair
Patsy Brown is Vice-Chair of Shoreham’s Board of Directors. A proud Atlantic Canadian, she was born and raised in Newfoundland before pursuing a Business Management degree from Sheridan College in Ontario. She moved back to Nova Scotia from Ontario in 1991, living first in St. Margaret’s Bay before coming to Chester seven years ago. During her 43 years in the Pharmaceutical Industry, Patsy has held various Sales and Marketing Management positions and now owns her own company, Rincon Consulting. She is a mother of two and has four grandchildren. Patsy joined the Shoreham Board of Directors in January 2011 and also volunteers on the Communications Committee for Our Health Centre.
Born and raised in Chester, Liz always knew she was interested in public service. After completing her studies at Mount Allison University, she worked on Parliament Hill as an advisor to Members of Parliament, Cabinet Ministers and two Prime Ministers. Since then she has held senior positions in government relations and communications at the University of Toronto, Dalhousie University, South Shore Health, as well as a number of years with the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland. Liz is currently a mother of three, the Fund Development Director at Bonny Lea Farm, partner in Anchor Public Affairs, and Treasurer of the Dr John M.T. Finney Memorial Fund. She is thrilled to continue her family’s involvement with Shoreham Village. Her father, Tosh, was one of Shoreham’s founders in the early 1970s and her mother, Jean, volunteered here for many years.
Nancy Timbrell-Muckle joined the Board of Shoreham Village in 2014, following a 40-year career with the federal government, retiring at an executive level in 2013. Nancy has recently returned to Nova Scotia after living in Ottawa while pursuing her career. Her family has resided in the Chester area for several generations and her grandparents were residents of Shoreham Village. As a board member, she is deeply committed to supporting all members of the Shoreham team in caring for the residents. She holds a Master of Arts degree in Public Administration, plus two Bachelor’s degrees in Arts and Education and a college level diploma in Fitness and Lifestyle Management. Her interests include a strong commitment to health and wellbeing. She is currently a certified fitness instructor, registered yoga teacher, certified pilates mat instructor and a master personal trainer.
Having been raised in various communities in the Municipality of the District of Chester, Joe returned home after a number of years living abroad and in Halifax. Having freely received so much from the people and organizations of our area, Joe sought to give back in kind. Joe was educated locally at Saint Mary’s University and Acadia University as well as Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Having joined the board in 2018, Joe is passionate about the care and concern given to our elders both in Shoreham and in our neighbourhood. This passion is shared by his spouse Amber who works in elder care contexts. Joe is a local Baptist minister and serves churches in Chester Basin and Western Shore. He is active in our community and serves on local boards. Prior to joining the board Joe volunteered at Shoreham as a spiritual care support to the Recreation Department.
Wayne Arnold has been retired for almost eight years from P&H Foods in Ontario as Director of National Accounts. Volunteering is not new to Wayne as he has held several positions over the years. His love for hockey led him to getting involved in Minor Hockey as executive member for eight years along with seven years as President and executive member with Tri County Minor Hockey. Wayne also spent fifteen years with Milton Lions Club where he also served as President. He also volunteered on a Condominium Board for eight years. When Wayne is not volunteering locally, you can find him on the golf course or glued to his computer looking at the stats for golf, curling and hockey or following our local junior teams.
Bio coming soon…