Shoreham Village is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which meets monthly.
As part of its commitment to the Community, Shoreham Villages' Board of Directors posts the minutes from its meetings:
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors - AGM Meeting Minutes - June 16 2021
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors - Meeting Minutes - June 16 2021
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors - Meeting Minutes - January 20 2021
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors - Meeting Minutes - November 25 2020 (Previously was Nov. 18)
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors - Meeting Minutes - September 16 2020
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors - AGM Meeting Minutes - June 17 2020
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors Meeting - May 20 2020
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors Meeting - April 7 2020
- Shoreham Village Board of Directors Meeting - January 15, 2020
- Shoreham Village Board Meeting - Minutes - November 20 2019
- Shoreham Village Board Meeting - Minutes - September 18 2019
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Board for Directors AGM Minutes - June 19, 2019
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Meeting Minutes - May 15 2019
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Meeting Minutes - March 20 2019
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Meeting Notes - Nov 21 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Minutes - September 19, 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Minutes - June 26 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Minutes - April 10 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Minutes - January 16, 2018
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Minutes - November 21, 2017
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Minutes - September 26, 2017
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Annual General Minutes - June 27 2017
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Minutes - May 23 2017
- Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association - Minutes - January 10 2017
Meet Shoreham Village's volunteer Board of Directors:
Alice Leverman - Board Chair
A resident of Chester for the past 17 years, Alice joined the Board of Directors in April, 2017.
Alice has had a long professional career in the Nova Scotia public sector serving individuals, families and communities---both as a clinical social worker, community developer and administrative leader. Following completion of a Masters of Social Work, she worked on the front lines in child welfare, mental health, hospital, education and volunteer settings before moving to various senior and executive-level roles at the local, regional and provincial level---including Regional Coordinator, Home Care, (Department Community Services); Regional Director, Continuing Care (Department of Health); Vice President -Community Health and CEO (South Shore District Health Authority) and CEO, Shoreham Village Senior Citizens Association. She has a health consulting business and recently worked with the Board of Directors of Our Health Centre in Chester in support of their operational objectives.
Alice has a strong commitment to health and wellness. Her interests include yoga, running, hiking, golf, camping and biking---and spending time with her family-including nine grandchildren.
Patsy Brown - Vice-Chair
Patsy Brown is Vice-Chair of Shoreham's Board of Directors. A proud Atlantic Canadian, she was born and raised in Newfoundland before pursuing a Business Management degree from Sheridan College in Ontario. She moved back to Nova Scotia from Ontario in 1991, living first in St. Margaret's Bay before coming to Chester seven years ago. During her 43 years in the Pharmaceutical Industry, Patsy has held various Sales and Marketing Management positions and now owns her own company, Rincon Consulting. She is a mother of two and has four grandchildren. Patsy joined the Shoreham Board of Directors in January 2011 and also volunteers on the Communications Committee for Our Health Centre.
Born and raised in Chester, Liz always knew she was interested in public service. After completing her studies at Mount Allison University, she worked on Parliament Hill as an advisor to Members of Parliament, Cabinet Ministers and two Prime Ministers. Since then she has held senior positions in government relations and communications at the University of Toronto, Dalhousie University, South Shore Health, as well as a number of years with the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland. Liz is currently a mother of three, the Fund Development Director at Bonny Lea Farm, partner in Anchor Public Affairs, and Treasurer of the Dr John M.T. Finney Memorial Fund. She is thrilled to continue her family’s involvement with Shoreham Village. Her father, Tosh, was one of Shoreham’s founders in the early 1970s and her mother, Jean, volunteered here for many years.
Having been raised in various communities in the Municipality of the District of Chester, Joe returned home after a number of years living abroad and in Halifax. Having freely received so much from the people and organizations of our area, Joe sought to give back in kind. Joe was educated locally at Saint Mary's University and Acadia University as well as Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. Having joined the board in 2018, Joe is passionate about the care and concern given to our elders both in Shoreham and in our neighbourhood. This passion is shared by his spouse Amber who works in elder care contexts. Joe is a local Baptist minister and serves churches in Chester Basin and Western Shore. He is active in our community and serves on local boards. Prior to joining the board Joe volunteered at Shoreham as a spiritual care support to the Recreation Department.
Brian has been a resident of Chester Municipality for the past 13 years and is currently the Regional Lead for Project Planning and Delivery for Develop Nova Scotia where he works with a team that plans and implements placemaking and infrastructure projects in communities across the province. He holds a Bachelor of Public Relations degree from Mount Saint Vincent University and has over 15 years experience managing complex stakeholder partnerships, including multiple levels of government and the private sector. Brian’s career prior to joining Develop Nova Scotia included nine years as Executive Director of Cruise Atlantic Canada, serving as the Chair of Cruise Canada New England, as well as six years living in Nunavut serving as Director of Marketing & Communications for the territory’s tourism board. His varied career also includes projects at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, managing communications for a dog sled race in the Yukon, and working in Ottawa with a federal government department. Brian is the father of two teenagers, who keep him active and engaged, and is passionate about helping make Chester a healthy, thriving community for everyone who calls this home.
Andrew Snyder joined the Shoreham Village Board in 2020. He grew up in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, and currently works for Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. He has a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from Acadia University and completed his Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA) in 2020.
From spending many hours with his loving grandparents, who were residents of long term care facilities on the South Shore, Andrew has a keen interest in the quality of care and well-being of long term care residents.
In addition to volunteering, Andrew enjoys spending time with friends & family, staying active by taking part in various sports, and has a passion for travelling.